APB:R Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Erin Mineta's Journal- A Record of a Criminal's Days in San Paro

Go down

Erin Mineta's Journal- A Record of a Criminal's Days in San Paro Empty Erin Mineta's Journal- A Record of a Criminal's Days in San Paro

Post  zterrans May 23rd 2011, 6:24 pm

May 23-

Well, the old safehouse is no longer viable. Tigers followed me back from Prentiss, were quite sneaky for a bunch of overeager rich kids. Managed to shake them, though. Always smart to keep your place ready to burn at a second's notice, cleared my tracks and left them distracted long enough. Wasn't able to make off with their flashy Jerichos, really wanted to, but was stopped by some special keylock. I'll have to ask around, see if anyone knows how to bypass. That will be the crown jewel of my little collection.

Prentiss trip was a bust. Security too tight around there, too many Tigers roaming about. Will have to consider more strategies to get that little score settled. Pulling this off would be a nice boost to my reputation.

Most of the day ended up being spent tracking down a new safehouse. Still in Gretsy, in yet another back alley, but this time I seem to be solidly hanging around near G-Kings. I suppose its not all bad, I'm an independent, so no tension, but I've yet to find one besides Shift who doesn't drive me crazy. Ran a little mission for Veronika Lee after getting settled in. Worked out well, but lacked the subtlety of a Rose's operation, and it made me talk to her. If I have to keep reading her I-net messages, I swear my brain will wither and die on me. Seriously, must she end every message with "l8tr sk8tr"? I'd pledge Blood Roses in an instant to avoid her, but I know that the path to Luke Waskawi is going to demand knowing both leaders.

Stopped by Tresspass briefly after getting set up at the new place. Charlotte's still a bitch. Still don't see what Jeung sees in her, but maybe once I may my way up, she'll warm up a little...or I'll just have to teach her what happens to people on my bad side.

No sign of Officer Hafford today. Been missing our little cat-and-mouse game, even if her goal is to send me up for life.

zterrans

Back to top Go down

Erin Mineta's Journal- A Record of a Criminal's Days in San Paro Empty Re: Erin Mineta's Journal- A Record of a Criminal's Days in San Paro

Post  zterrans May 24th 2011, 6:52 pm

May 24

Spent most of the day with Suji, taking care of some tasks for him. Cool guy, seems to love the old country, told me I should check it out one day. He has a lead to some nice Ciscos, all I need to do is help him out a little. Seller seems to have a few modified from street specs, so it’s a good deal, even if I’m going to be expected to cough up a little cash. Can’t wait to get my hands on one and apply a little customization of my own. Should be easy enough, enforcers have been letting a lot of raw recruits out onto the streets. Sure don’t seem to be teaching them a lot, and that means I can do whatever I need to. Can’t count how many ATMs I’ve been able to hack or kiosks I’ve been able to burn down, but I’m sure the enforcers have numbers on that. Wonder if I can talk someone into hacking the police databases to see my files.

Been thinking about home lately. I guess a botched attempt to make it back there will make you do that. I keep seeing it in flames within my mind’s eye, and I know if I try hard enough, I can make that reality. I don’t want to kill Mom and Dad…for all their faults, they are just swept up in this as much as anyone else, and maybe once they see their wealth reduced to ash, they will start to come around, or they’ll just hate me more than ever. Strangely, I don’t find myself giving a damn, all I can think is that it will be a thrill to torch it. Have to wait on that, though. Would be nice to at least make it over to my lockup back there, see if anyone’s touched my Rapier. But too many Tigers at the moment. No arson, no reclaiming my sweet 16 present…no fun. Perhaps no telling anyone how I got that car, writing it down just makes it sound more pathetic.

Managed to make my mark on City Hall, right across from the police station there, too. Now whenever the corporate rent-a-cops over there walk out their door, they’ll catch sight of my work. Maybe it’ll be on the news…sure made it big enough to make some impression. It’s not like I shot the mayor, but I think tagging a wall of that size and in that high profile a position has got to be worth something. With luck, it’ll drive Mayor Darren crazy. I like to think of the look on that face when she sees it. Probably will be gone by tomorrow, but I’ll just paint it again. Not like the Praetorians have caught me tagging places yet.

Been a good mix of things today. And even better, caught word that Officer Hafford was sniffing around my old safehouse today. Looks like Ms. Scarface hasn't given up the chase yet. Good times to come.

zterrans

Back to top Go down

Erin Mineta's Journal- A Record of a Criminal's Days in San Paro Empty Re: Erin Mineta's Journal- A Record of a Criminal's Days in San Paro

Post  zterrans May 28th 2011, 1:17 pm

May 25th-
They call themselves the Pariahs. And I’m one of them now. They heard of me, contacted me, and we had a little chat. Odd bunch of sarcastic misfits. I approve of them highly. Think they wanted to break me in an interview, to have me tell them I was less than the talk. But I think I showed them enough. Got the nickname “purps”, I’ll take it, better than “kid”. A lot of talk about my hair too, but I’ll let them slide, certainly did its job, got their attention. Was somewhat embarrassing later on when an enforcer popped in with the same style while we were tagging the warehouses. Carried some heavy weaponry, but he went down as easily as any other. They thought my ego was out of control, but they don’t know my modesty. I could have bragged about far more.

Ran some assignments for Brittany today after meeting the Pariahs. Don’t think she recognized me, but I’d know “Clarrisa” anywhere. Can’t believe she ended up in the organization, but if I wasn’t set on remaining an independent operator, I know I could bypass her in a day. Seems she sharpened up a bit since running with the Roses, but I know what she was like before, though, I suppose, I can’t throw stones, after all, I was an honor student as a kid. God…really can’t let anyone know that little fact…especially the Pariahs. I’d never hear the end of it if they did. But at least I could dish the dirt on Brittany to them, deflect a little.

Looking like the start of a fruitful partnership. With the Pariahs, I’ll move to the top a little faster. And that means I’ll be closer to my goals faster. They’ll get me there, and I’ll bring them into fame with me.

May 27th-

Day started off well enough. Plenty of work done, the chop shops of San Paro sure were pleased today, and it netted me some more pocket cash. Only resistance were a few rookie enforcers, almost felt bad beating up the poor saps, but, in the end, no matter how pathetic they are, they are my enemies. Did a few things for Terri Quan, too. Hoping that means I'll get some time on 211 News, but I fear that I haven't run into enough opposition that I'll make the news. I know I should be more worried about my actions rather than my fame, but every good revolutionary manages both their message and their appearance. And in San Paro, if you want to be where you need to be to enact major changes, you need to have your name out there. Best claims to fame so far are that I have a stalker and I was flipped off by Charlotte once on sight alone. But that puts me at about the 50% percentile of the outlaws of the city. If I don't make the news or the red carpet, I'm never going to get beyond that.

The Pariahs are working pretty well. Getting used to some of them. Carlyle seems a little overly serious, but I suppose that will help keep us grounded. Dolly comes across as a bit of a softer link, hard to tell exactly what kind of killer instinct she may have, but she does seem nice. Maybe a little too nice and cheerful, but nothing too bad. Ran briefly across a man named Dice. Don't know his story, but he has the look of a real killer. Think he might be great. Only main member I've gotten used to besides them is Savh, she loves to make cracks about my hair. Seems like a nice girl, good sharp tongue. I'll have to get used to the rest of my new allies in time. Learn who to count on and who to rely on as mere bullet fodder.

The bad part of the day started later on. Carlyle called me in to the warehouse for a little talk. Seemed kind of tense on the phone, seemed moreso in person. Worried me a bit, he came in with Dolly and another woman I've never seen before. Started talking about being offered a reward for bringing me in. Kept my cool, but feared I was going to have to take aim at him. Fortunately, he wasn't out for the reward. There was some talking, we made our points, but he wasn't willing to listen. Ended up with an assignment.

Alice crossed the line. She somehow got in contact with Carlyle, tried to set up a bounty on my head, threatened to take one of our people in to get to me. Kind of left me without much of a base of support. Carlyle says either I kill her, or he gets someone else. I know Alice is the enemy, she is part of the very core of what is wrong with the city, sided with the corporate army brutalizing the street, and that she wants nothing more than to bring me down, but...it's a bit of a complicated relationship. It's probably messed up, but I love having a rival out to get me. Keeps me sharp, gives me a little extra purpose in life when I feel that I might not make it, kind of hard to picture going back to the more basic existence of not having one. But she had to be an idiot and pull the Pariahs into it. Not sure how she got Carlyle's information, may have slipped up, and if so, then Dolly might be right, I could have a loose end unraveling here.

Sent her one last message. We can do this with some civility, I think. Of course, this can always come back to bite me in the ass. Walk into a Praetorian ambush, end up with her following me back to the warehouse, or maybe find her putting up pressure on Carlyle to call off the hit. Would be my luck to have the fun end in such an ugly fashion. But no matter what, she's going to be mine to kill. If someone is going to kill my rival, its going to be me.

zterrans

Back to top Go down

Post  zterrans May 30th 2011, 12:08 am

May? ??

Woke up in safehouse. Can't remember much. Was a firefight. Gutshot by Officer Hafford. Got her pretty good, I think. Too many pills to remember. Patched up, but moving slow. Need sleep.

May 29th-

Moving, but still some pain. Quite lucid too now. Still can't remember much, but figured out my timeline. Got into a firefight early on the 28th, don't know if my target is dead or not, though. She got me pretty good, right under the vest, could have easily arrested or killed me, but she didn't. Somehow stumbled away. Also have a SHAW now. I don't know how, but it has my blood on it. Seem to have the impression of using it like a crutch. Must have been a heck of a day. Must have called a doctor in, my radio was set to a Blood Roses frequency last, probably got one of their docs to do it. Not sure how much it cost. Not sure if the Pariahs know, not sure I want to tell them that, they already thought that was a danger before. Think there was something else to remember too, but its hazy.

Ran through a few exercises, tested a weapon. Good to fight, but fences and ladders hurt my side. Hope tomorrow sees me a little better.

zterrans

Back to top Go down

Post  zterrans June 10th 2011, 8:22 pm

June 1st-

God dammit. Again, they did it again! Two weeks I've lived in three safehouses, this is starting to become a bit humiliating. Think it started off after some enforcer busted me taking a phone from some nosey bastard. He caught me too close to my lockup, had to change that too, and took a picture with his phone. Bunch of idiots do that whenever anything illegal happens, they never see the mugging about to happen in response to that. But he took it, I took the phone, and this recruit ambushed me. Had a bit of a firefight with her, but along the way she got me with her car. Dropped the phone around then, and by the time I snapped back to awareness, she was off to the evidence locker with it. Tried to reclaim, but wasn't about to charge into the lion's den and get gunned down yet. May have said some stupid things to her...gotta stop that, nothing like an open mic to make my ego get the best of me. Shit...I think I mentioned Carlyle by name...sent him a quick email over the net to tell him. Played it down a bit...can probably work on some damage control, its going to hurt my reputation.

On the plus side, I can safely say that I certianly attract the attentions of enforcers, who then tend to focus on me. Must mean some level of fame, right?

Didn't know how much data must have been on the phone, only discovered later that the Praetorians had raided my new place. Drove by and saw the flashing lights and badge-wearing thugs. Luckily didn't linger long enough to attract attention. Glad I had my Han Veo then. Nothing much there to loose. A few spare guns, some ammo, and some CDs. But they did take my laptop and old journal. God...third journal in two weeks too...nothing to humiliating, I don't think, but its now a matter of CSA record. The laptop, though, did have some things I'd prefer they not know. Never going to make mistakes like that again. Can't keep looking like an idiot and still make something of myself.

Made an impromptu meeting today with the Pariahs, and apparently Carlyle likes my hair down and not spikey. Will have to note that...also we apparently have a new member of the gang. Call him "bambi". Scrawny little kid, reluctant to use a gun. He'll probably be dead or behind bars in a week. Bit of a shame, he did have some nice taste in his hair coloration.

As a side note, Suji finally hooked me up with his Cisco dealer. Beautiful car...totally in love with it. Got it painted up just right, can't wait to smash the enforcers with it.

June 2nd-

Carlyle got my message. About as pissed as I figured, then he tried to turn all fatherly on me. Rest of the pariahs seem to think I'm some kid, think I see this as all fun and games. And sure, I do kind of enjoy it, get a rush from the thrill of the chase, but its more than that. They say this is all basic survival. I call that bullshit. This is about the message. When the crackdown began and Martial Law rolled in, that was survival. I knew to drop my flag and go underground. Now? This is the time to THRIVE. So they worry about some nosey enforcer, she's no big deal in the long run. Just another soon to be corpse clogging up some morgue somewhere. They obviously don't think much of me, think I can't handle this, but, while it has gotten a bit wild, its still under control. I've been doing this for years now. But they'll learn. I don't die, I don't get arrested. I just hit back harder every time someone hits me.

Have to track down that new officer. Should be easy enough to ambush her. Then I just have to figure out where Officer Hafford is recovering. Two loose ends, all tied up, will sit well with the Pariahs. Still would need a few more loose ends finished off, too, but probably best not to get the gang involved with that.

Wounds still hurt a little, but not slowing me down much. No one even noticed the bloodstains on my shirt. Still can't get them out, and I hate to just toss it away. Funny how you never hear that part of criminal life: the worrying about cleaning all the blood out of your clothes. At least its roughly the right color, kind of fits in...kinda.

June 6th-

Things from from bad to worse in San Paro. Heard some enforcer attention was directed at Carlyle, starting to think I may have caused a considerably larger effect than I have intended. Even worse, yet another enforcer was said to have talked to Triple 9. I want to put it down to the fact that he is a high-profile musician who doesn't hide the references to illegal acts...but I have this feeling, this sense of dread that just lingers about it.

Carlyle already yelled at me about it. I told him I was working on my loose ends, but he wants faster progress. Only so much I can do about it. Bastard had to call me on my earlier talk, too. I can only do so much with one arm tied behind my back. They want it done now and they want it done subtle. Can't very well do both. If he wants it so quickly, he can go off and seduce some enforcer techie to get intel. Hmm...have a date with Rob on Wednesday, maybe I can think of a way to speed it up by then. Don't want to have to actually sleep with the guy to get what I need.

Hope this new problem isn't related to me. And I swear, with god as my witness, if this is some Praetorian bitch sniffing around, I will have to go on a rampage. Getting sick of them hurting my rep with the Pariahs, and I figure if I get one hanging from City Hall, the rest will get the message. Heard nothing of the first two enforcers after me for some time. One, my source tells me, is Nicole Hayes, and she's lain low for a few days. But Ms. Scarface? Don't know if she is still even alive. Maybe she was more wounded than thought. Only saw one message from her since the shootout. Maybe that end is all tied up.

Rolled with a few more Pariahs over the past few days. Getting the good fight done one bullet at a time, I suppose. But nothing much else to note. Have prepared this journal to burn. Going to carry it with me, figure I'll quick burn if capture is inevitable, prevent them from seizing this one too.

((Just a side note, Erin's views do not necessarily reflect my own Smile Molly is quite a cool character, just that Erin now deeply hates her))

June 8th-
Alice tracked down Carlyle again. Thought she was dead, but, apparently, was wrong. Got to give it to her, the lady is almost as hard to put down as I am. Carlyle, obviously, was pissed. Don’t know the full extent to the meeting, but apparently she told them that I gave up a lot of information. I’ll have to admit that I’ve screwed up next time they press me on it. Shit happens, but it seems to want to keep happening to me. Seems there might be a fed involved somehow too. My fears are that its Wilks. Would be just my luck.

Didn’t have a lot of time to dwell on things, though. Had to see Rob again. Getting closer and closer to information that we might need. Might salvage my reputation again.

June 10th-(entry 1)

Is Dolly a G-king? Talked to her a little bit this morning, and she seemed to be so. Kind of like her, comes off as a bit motherly at times, may have been genuinely concerned about making sure Carlyle understood me. Told her I didn’t need the help, though, that I appreciated it, but I am an adult, and can handle Carlyle myself. She thought the G-Kings were a perfect fit, and may have been mildly insulted once I put them down. Told her I’m no skater punk from Gretsy. Hell, I can form a coherent sentence and write out more than “l8tr sk8tr” in an e-mail. That puts me well above them, but she insists there is some kind of depth to the organization. I have my doubts.
If there is one major gang to affiliate with, it’s the Blood Roses. More their type, anyway. But I don’t think I’ll be telling Dolly that. Have a rep to maintain, afterall.
Have more to do today, will say more later.

June 10th- (entry 2)
Nothing would please me more than to have five minutes alone with Molly and a knife. That fucking bitch had the gall to insult me repeatedly to my face. Started with just a simple joke, and she had to start something. Said I sob and whine…god damn liar. I’ll punch her teeth straight down her throat next time I see her. Some little trailer trash punk calling me queen of the garbage, telling me I was going to be wallowing in self pity after she brought me to the brink of death.

She wants to fight, we’ll fight. I cut up Alice, and I didn’t even hate her. But Molly? Oh, there will be blood, and it will be plentiful. Some stupid, cocky, ugly piece of garbage wants to come after me, she’ll get me, and regret it for the rest of her pitifully short life. I know I wouldn’t be so bold if I were walking around with the contents of a dumpster smeared across my face, but I have a brain. She has the intellect of the concrete her mother must have dropped her head-first on as a baby. Okay, she hurt Legs, and she scarred up Mystery. But they didn’t have what it takes. Unlike them, I will break Molly. Both in spirit and body.

No one says what she said to me. I am not some common gutter criminal, nor am I some crybaby whiner. I am Erin Mineta, and she will know my wrath intimately. Some little kid is not going to get the best of me, and if I have to kill her to show her that, then so be it.

Just need to do it before Carlyle and Dolly catch word. Can’t very well teach her the lesson that she needs to learn if they are tying one of my hands behind my back. I’ll apologize to them later. Probably after Molly is hooked to the life support. Fucking children, no respect for their superiors.

Hopefully next entry will have Molly, should she be alive, sufficiently beaten into submission.

zterrans

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down